1/12/15

since I've been gone...

Hiiii friends! So a little explanation for this post: I felt like there was a large part of my life missing from this blog in the year that we were absent (went from freshman to junior so quick!), and it felt wrong to just continue without having filled that space. So here's what happened...not in order because I'm lazy...

I started sophomore year by being a staff leader for FYSOP23 and then returned again for FYSOP24 as a junior! honestly one of the most rewarding (and tiring but wonderful) experiences of my college career. Nothing will ever compare to those 2 weeks of meeting so many kind human beings, volunteering alongside bright-eyed first-years, and staying up late getting emotional about life, social justice, and other pervasive issues in our community. I've met so many inspirational people through this program and it's such a great way to start off the school year ... next year will be my last time and although it will be super bittersweet and sad, I feel very lucky that I even got the chance to do it in the first place...


....also met lots and lots of new friends in the past year! It's sometimes hard bouncing back from your freshman year of college..... thinking that all your closest "best" friends will still be there for you come sophomore year, and then suddenly realizing that people do change. and while a good majority of people never waver, there are always going to be those friends that simply move on. And it was hard for me to come to terms with that, but I'm finally happier and surrounding myself with people I truly care about and who honestly want the best for me











some throwbacks to sophomore year....seems like ages ago....




 I also got to do and see some pretty amazing things in the past year. got to be there for all of Maria's dance shows, travel to New york for winter break, to Atlanta for thanksgiving, to California for a part of the summer, went to lots and lots of concerts (One direction twice...Ed sheeran...Beyonce...the 1975...), had an internship with Girls' LEAP (working with teen girls on empowerment and self-defense) and got to live with Maria in Boston (!!!), had another internship with Let's Get Ready (getting high schoolers ready for the SATs)...









It's been such a great year and I'm really looking forward to what 2015 has to offer! starting off with the Bahamas, onto Turkey for spring study abroad, Italy for spring break, Greece, Poland, India for the entire summer... it's gonna feel really good getting out into the world, experiencing new things, and being able to share all of it on here...
lots of love,
pratibha

1 comment:

  1. my lil toob sock is on her way :' ' ' ) love u more than LIFE

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips