9/28/12

an encounter

from tuesday through thursday i slept in a retreat house with all these amazing people you see here. we laughed, cried, played games, shared stories, and encountered Christ together. it was seriously one of the best experiences of my life. it feels so good to know that i'm not alone and to finally be at peace with myself. i've realized that there are some things in life that are out of my control, and that I just need to have a little faith that everything will work out the way it needs to. even if you're not religious, i strongly recommend going on a retreat at least once in your life. it's an amazing way to just forget about all your problems in the real world, connect with others, and find peace within yourself. i've been all about positivity lately, and this retreat was truly a confirmation of what i've been thinking these past few weeks. i've realized that even though it may hurt to remove aspects of my life that have been with me for a long time, it's worth it in the end if it gets me one step closer to attaining peace and happiness within myself. this encounter came at the best time for me, and i'm so glad i was able to get the most out of the experience. i've never been happier. 

i hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 
♥ alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips